With Kyoto Taika Hen’s record breaking 7M+ first day gross in the Philippines, I think we’re worthy of another premiere here. We all want to see Sato Takeru again and the other cast members as well. I want to see Kamiki!
There are heaps of awesomeness to look forward to in this second part of the Kyoto Arc live action movie:
- Sato Takeru is once again putting his marvelous breakdancing skills to good use. And with his long hair untied like that, he looks even more androgynous than he already is.
- Shishio Makoto is goin’ all “Notice me Senpai” on Kenshin. While gloomy Shinomori Aoshi still keeps asking “Where art thou Battousai?”
- Takeru and Kamiki’s Amuse senpai Masaharu Fukuyama is aptly playing the ever so kakkoii Hiko Seijuro XIII.
- I hope to see Anji vs. Sano’s Futae no Kiwami and Saito’s fight against Usui. But I’m not getting my hopes up on the latter. I think there hasn’t really been much emphasis on Saito. More so his being ‘Kenshin’s rival for ages’ and the irony of fighting together against a common enemy.
- Kamiki Ryonosuke as expected will have a mental breakdown reminding me of Bloody Monday’s Hornet, intensified 10x.
- There’s a non-canon execution scene and what’s with Megumi being there? Did she follow them in Kyoto or did Kenshin go back to the dojo?
- It’s already weird, awkward, funny and totally badass that Kenshin, Saito, Aoshi and Sano are in the same room together. The scene where they were attacking Shishio all at once is just epic!
- Not knowing how Densetsu no Saigo Hen is going turn out just makes me all the more psyched to watch. Even though I have read the manga, I don’t know how this trilogy would end since the whole Okairi-Tadaima scene which is actually the Kyoto arc ending was already used in the 2012 film.
- And I’m preparing myself for my new LSS. I couldn’t get that One Ok Rock’s song off my head already. How much more once I get to hear the full track.